TetWiis is a Nintendo Wii homebrew clone of the falling blocks classic
TetWiis (Copyright ©2010 Pembo.co.uk) is a Nintendo Wii homebrew clone of the falling blocks classic – Tetris. Shamelessly based on the popular Nintendo DS version!
The more lines you get, the higher the score rewarded, but the faster the game gets!
For every 10 lines you clear the level increases, along with the scores rewarded and the speed of the drop!
More score can be gained by going for the risky double, triple or quad clearances, and you are rewarded highly if you successfully attempt the ultimate back to back quad clearance! You’ll recognise this as the classic ‘marathon’ mode of Tetris – play till you drop or run out of luck!
TetWiis is freeware, can be distributed freely and should never be charged for.
The latest version of TetWiis can be downloaded from here or from the download page and is also available to install via the HomeBrew Browser!
You can optionally download the forwarder DOL/channel WAD here:
Change Log – v1.1:
- Implemented clockwise/anticlockwise rotation of the blocks. Button (1) on the wiimote and (b) on the classic controller now rotate anticlockwise.
- Adjusted the key repeat timings for improved control
- Fixed the DOWN press release timer to give you a small amount of time before the key repeat kicks in again.
- Implemented a pause menu (Pressing Home Button Ingame) where you can return to the game menu, or exit to the loader
- Added a graphical reminder on the high score entry screen that the wiimote should be vertical
- Resolved a few minor bugs.
If you want to retain your scores, simply copy the boot.dol from v1.1 and replace the existing boot.dol from v1.0